Cuyahoga County announced a new program on Wednesday. The new program run by CHN Housing Partners will be giving out $2 million dollars in utility assistance. This is in addition to the rent relief and utility assistance programs previously announced late last month. Here is what you need to know:
Covid-19 Rental Assistance:
CHN Housing Partners is the entry point for rental assistance, you can apply online, or you can call them at 833-377- RENT (7368).
Some details from the CHN website:
How does it work?
- CHN is the entry point to access rental assistance. Depending on the nature of your financial hardship, you may be referred to CEOGC or EDEN for longer term assistance, at which point you may be asked for additional information and documentation.
- If you qualify, your landlord may receive up to three months back rent.
- CHN will screen all applicants for other assistance programs that may help make your electric, gas, and water/sewer bills more affordable.
- Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County who are having difficulty making rental payments due to the economic impact of the pandemic and who meet income eligibility requirements.
- If you qualify for rental assistance, you may be required to attend more in-depth counseling provided by CHN, as a condition for payment of the rental assistance.
Covid-19 Home Relief Grant:
The CEOGC is processing this program.
Some information from the CEOGC website:
Cuyahoga County residents, who are at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and have fallen behind on rent or mortgage payments, water bills, sewer payments or have any other immediate needs are encouraged to apply for assistance. Funds are available for a limited time and applicants are encouraged to reach out early.
Tip from Gesher staff & clients: You must make sure to fill out ALL fields correctly in order to submit the application!
Covid-19 Utility Assistance:
CHN Housing Partners will be distributing funds for all four utilities, gas, water, electric, and sewer. This program will cover past-due bills beginning from March 1st, 2020.
What you must know: The application for all four utilities is the application marked “Water/Sewer Discounts & Sewer Crisis (Disconnection Notice)” located at the bottom of the page.
- Cuyahoga County households below 120% of the Area Median Income level may apply.
- You will need proof of financial impact by Covid-19 which includes: loss of income, change in child care status (school closures), positive covid-19 test result in the household. (This can be from anytime since March1st.)
- The online system is quick and easy to use. Document upload information and instructions may be found online chn.itfrontdesk.com.
- If you need assistance with this application, please call 216-774-2349.