THE JEWISH EDUCATION CENTER OF CLEVELAND
The Shared Services Organization at the JECC, has an immediate opening for an IT Support Technician. The IT Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the IT SSO operations team in resolving technical problems within the SSO agencies covering a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Technician position is the first level of support for the operations of the SSO agencies and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. The SSO seeks a hard working individual who is motivated to contribute to the SSO team work.
Responsibilities include allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout our agencies. This includes troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, laptops, all type of wireless handheld devices, printers, and other end-user devices. The IT Support Technician is also responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty. The IT Support Technician is a member of an IT team within the SSO and will specifically support the Senior IT personnel in daily projects and activities as directed. The IT Support Technician is also expected to participate in learning new technologies and career development opportunities as presented in an effort to progress to higher level positions within the IT network. The position will also require supporting multiple buildings around the area.
This position reports directly to the SSO IT Director.
• Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Stand/walk for 10-12 hours at a time
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including Sundays as needed.
• Authorization to work in the U.S.
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
• Experience troubleshooting PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
• Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers.
• Inventory management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone, with managers and vendors.
• Network + Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge
• A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge
• 1-3 years of related work experience
• Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize work objectives
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org