The new website for those applying for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program is scheduled to launch on Saturday, May 9th .
A dedicated PUA call center is available to answer your questions. 833-604-0774.
Here is a brief list of resources to assist you in the process.
- How do I apply? You can apply by phone 1-877-644-6562 or online at
- What documents will I need?
- Social security number, date of birth and driver’s license or state ID number
- Name, address, telephone number, and valid email address
- Name, address, telephone number and dates of employment for 2019
- Reason for unemployment
- Dependent information (Spouse or Children), including social security number and date of birth
- Banking information for direct deposit
Self-employed individuals must submit acceptable proof of employment. This includes, but is not limited to, W-2 forms, recent pay stubs or vouchers, earnings statements (reflecting profit and loss), recent bank records showing payroll direct deposit, or a 2019 tax return, if available.
- What will my benefit amount be?
You can calculate your benefits by viewing page 19 of the Worker's Guide to Unemployment Insurance. This does not include the additional $600/week offered through the PEUC program. Benefits will be retroactive to the date you became eligible, as far back as February 2, 2020. Note that the additional $600 per week is available from March 29, 2020 through July 25, 2020.
Gesher is available to assist you with further questions. Please email us at email@example.com.