121eCommerce is looking for an accounting assistant/bookkeeper for our accounting department. The ideal candidate for our work environment is someone who is comfortable with a range of tasks from accounting and bookkeeping to organization and general office responsibilities. The accounting assistant will handle all bookkeeping, keep financial records, do bank reconciliations, and prepare financial reports. They will also assist as needed with accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense tracking, and organizing mailings and packages. The accounting assistant must be familiar with standard/GAAP accounting procedures and should have experience with Quickbooks.
Accounting Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling bookkeeping following accounting best practices
- Keeping financial records and support documentation up to date
- Reconciling account balances
- Assisting the Controller and other departments as needed
- Collection phone calls and e-mails as needed
- Scanning, Filing, mailing, and other duties as needed
Accounting Assistant Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with QuickBooks
- General computer and technical knowledge
- Able to analyze financial records and transfer information
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly professional demeanor for client contact
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.